Agrarians of Zhytomyr region harvested 1.03 million tons of grain
Agrarians of the Zhytomyr region as of October 11 harvested 1.026 million tons of grain with the average yield of 3.79 tons/ha from the area of 270.9 thousand hectares (65% of the plan).
This is reported by the press service of the department of agro-industrial development of Zhytomyr Regional State Administration.
The harvest of crops amounts to:
- corn—162.6 thousand tons from an area of 21.8 thousand hectares (14% of the plan);
- soybean — 123.3 thousand tons from 59.1 thousand hectares (40%);
- sunflower —106 thousand tons from 47.6 thousand hectares (48%);
- buckwheat — 15.8 thousand tons from 13.3 thousand hectares (69%);
- millet — 3.9 thousand tons from 2.6 thousand hectares (70%).
Sugar beet harvesting continues in the region, 380,3 thousand tons are harvested from 8,1 thousand hectares (65% of the plan).
The sowing of winter crops by the reporting date in all types of farms was carried out on the area of 136.4 thousand hectares (90% to the forecast), which is 23% more than last year.
According to the joint project of Latifundist.com and AGCO Harvest Online 2017 as of October 6, 2017, Ukrainian farmers harvested 5 million tons of corn from the area of 1.2 million hectares, with the average yield of 4.42 tons/ha (2016 — 5.40 tons/ha).