Soybean planting campaign started in Ukraine
As of April 17th, 2019, the Ukrainian agroproducers have started soybean sowing and already covered 31 thou. hectares (2 per cent of the forecast areas). Early spring grain and leguminous crops are sown on an area of 2.1 million hectares, accounting for 91 per cent of the projected areas.
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine reports the following indicators of spring planting campaign in Ukraine:
- spring barley — 1.5 million hectares (94 pct);
- wheat — 150 thou. hectares (90 pct);
- oats — 165 thou. hectares (84 pct);
- peas — 283 thou. hectares (83 pct);
- corn — 264 thou. hectares (6 pct);
- soybean — 31 thou. hectares (2 pct).
Sugar beet is sown on the area of 194 thou. hectares, 79 pct of the forecast areas. Sunflower is sown on 1 million hectares, 18 pct of the planned areas.
Fertilization of winter grain crops was carried out on 7.5 million hectares or 99 pct of the forecast.
Follow the progress of winter crops sowing campaign and stay up to date with the latest news in the Sowing Online 2018/19 Project.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.