Cabinet suggests agriproducers support of UAH 4.2 bln
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at an extraordinary meeting on September 14, 2020, approved the draft State Budget for 2021. The Government proposed to allocate UAH 4.2 bln to support the agriproducers.
"This shall enable the provision of state support for the development of livestock breeding and processing of agricultural products, development of farms, cheapening of credits and agricultural machinery of domestic production, development of horticulture, viticulture and hopgrowing, etc.," the draft state budget 2021 explanatory note reads.
As reported by AgroPolit.com, the Government-backed industries include:
- Fishery: UAH 106,1 mln.
- Forestry: UAH 596.1 mln.
- State Consumer Service (ensuring the improvement of an epidemic situation): UAH 578.6 mln.
- State veterinary and sanitary control and carrying out laboratory diagnostic and preventive works by state veterinary hospitals and state veterinary laboratories: UAH 3,527 mln.
- Land reform: UAH 51 mln.
- Inventory of land and update of the cartographic basis of the State Land Cadastre: UAH 237.8 mln.
- Provision of state control over observance of sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population, market state supervision as well as legislation on consumer rights protection: UAH 83.7 mln.
The main figures of the draft State Budget for 2021:
- GDP: UAH 4.5 tn.
- GDP growth is expected at 4.6%.
- Revenues are planned at the level of UAH 1,071 bln (+UAH 92.3 bln to the 2020 plan).
- Expenditures are planned at the level of UAH 1,350 bln.
- Average monthly salary: UAH 13,600.
- Consumer inflation: 7.3%.
- Public debt to GDP: 64.6%.
Small and medium-sized business support programs — UAH 12 bln:
- UAH 10 bln is planned to allocate for the implementation of the portfolio guarantee program.
- to compensate interest on loans for micro and small businesses: UAH 2 bln.
As a reminder, Ukrainian agricultural producers will be able to insure crops against failure risks. The program of agricultural insurance for 2021-23 provides for more than UAH 2 bln.