Grain storage capacities in Ukraine exceeded 78 mln t
As of January 1st, 2019, storage capacities of grain, leguminous and oilseed crops in Ukraine totalled 78.3 million tons, Elevatorist.com reports.
Of this volume, 45.43 million tons capacities belong to enterprises producing these crops, 32.85 million tons are owned by companies engaged in storage and processing.
The largest storage volumes are concentrated in the following regions:
- Khmelnytsky region — 7.13 mln t;
- Poltava region — 6.84 mln t;
- Kirovograd region — 6.14 mln t;
- Vinnytsya region — 5.13 mln t;
- Kyiv region — 5.38 mln t;
- Odesa region — 4.67 mln t;
- Dnipropetrovs'k region — 4.47 mln t;
- Mykolaiv region — 4.41 mln t.
Previously it was reported that the stevedoring company Ascet Shipping had expanded its grain storage capacity in the port of Berdyansk to 100 thou. tons.
The new infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.