Sowing Online 2018/19: spring grains planted on 93 pct of the areas
As of April 23rd, early spring grain and leguminous crops in Ukraine are sown on an area of 2.1 million hectares, or 93 pct of the projected areas.
By the data of the Sowing Online 2018/19 Project, the sown areas by the spring crops are as follows:
- spring barley — 1.48 million hectares (93 pct);
- wheat — 155 thou. hectares (94 pct);
- oats — 185 thou. hectares (95 pct);
- peas — 285 thou. hectares (84 pct);
- corn — 766 thou. hectares (16 pct);
- soybean — 110 thou. hectares (6 pct).
Sugar beet is sown on the area of 204 thou. hectares, 83 pct of the forecast areas. Sunflower sowing is carried out on 1.7 million hectares, making up 29 pct of the planned areas.
Follow the progress of winter crops sowing campaign and stay up to date with the latest news in the Sowing Online 2018/19 Project.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.