Sunflower areas in Ukraine hit 3.7 million hectares
As of May 6th, 2019, early spring grain and leguminous crops sowing in Ukraine is completed on an area of 4.9 million hectares (67 per cent).
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine reports the following indicators of spring planting campaign in Ukraine:
- millet — 11 thou. hectares;
- corn — 2.7 million hectares;
- soybean — 532 thou. hectares;
- sunflower — 3.7 million hectares;
- sugar beet — 213 thou. hectares;
- buckwheat — 1 thou. hectares;
- early spring grains — 2.1 million hectares.
The forecast area of crops in 2019 is 27.7 million hectares, remaining at the previous year's level.
The sowing campaign of spring grain crops in 2019 is projected at a total of 7.2 million hectares, industrial crops — 9.2 million hectares, potatoes and vegetables — 1.8 million hectares, forage crops — 1.9 million hectares.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.