Sowing Online 2018/19: soybean covers 1.25 million hectares
As of May 20th, soybean sowing in Ukraine is completed on 1.25 million hectares or 69 pct of the areas. Early spring grain and leguminous crops in Ukraine are sown on an area of 6.6 million hectares, or 91 pct of the projected areas.
By the data of the Sowing Online 2018/19 Project, the sown areas by the spring crops are as follows:
- early grains — 2.1 million hectares (97 pct);
- buckwheat — 0.23 million hectares (24 pct);
- millet — 0.37 million hectares (64 pct);
- corn — 4.3 million hectares (92 pct);
- sunflower — 5.1 million hectares (90 pct);
- soybean — 1.25 million hectares (69 pct);
- sugar beet — 0.22 million hectares (90 pct).
Follow the progress of winter crops sowing campaign and stay up to date with the latest news in the Sowing Online 2018/19 Project.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.