Trends and results of 2018-19 reflected in the new edition of the infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine
The sixth edition of the annual infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2018/19 is available online. The new edition was presented today in Kyiv within the framework of the "Agribusiness: Battle for Value" discussion panel.
This year, the guide consists of 50 pages of infographics about the Ukrainian agricultural sector. The handbook includes such thematic sections as:
- Agribusiness in 2018/2019;
- Crop Production;
- Animal Products;
- Processed Food;
- Infrastructure and Services;
The Ukrainian agricultural sector is developing rapidly. World market conditions, regulatory policy in the country, weather conditions and other factors affect the annual performance of the industry. The major indicators shift includes the following:
- the export of agricultural products in 2018/2019 increased USD 800 mln y-o-y and amounted to USD 18.6 bln or 39.4% of the total exports of commodities from Ukraine;
- the profitability of agricultural production dropped from 31.6% in 2017 to 13% in 2018;
- in the year 2017, the key export crops were corn, wheat and barley, whereas in 2018 rapeseed accounted for the third-largest share in exports.
This year, a new section on the financing of the agricultural sector was introduced where information on loans, subsidies, investments and other financial aspects was compiled. Information on fertilizers and crop protection products, seeds and agricultural machinery, state support of agro-industrial complex, processing industry, etc. was also added.
The infographic guide was developed by the specialists of Latifundist Agro Media Holding and the content-marketing agency Top Lead, with the support of Credit Agricole Bank, Baker Tilly in Ukraine, AEQUO Law Firm and the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine.