Sowing Online 2019/20: Corn and sunflower sowing finalized in Ukraine
Corn and sunflower areas in Ukraine are sown at 98 and 95%, respectively, data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 Project show.
As of May 21, early spring grain, leguminous and industrial crops in Ukraine were sown on an area of 14.87 mln ha or 96% of the planned 15.56 mln ha.
Sown areas by spring crops are as follows:
- corn: 5.25 mln ha, 98% of 5.39 mln ha;
- buckwheat: 40.97 thou. ha, 55% of 75 thou. ha;
- millet: 40.77 thou. ha, 52% of 78.01 thou. ha;
- sunflower: 5.9 mln ha, 95% of 6.2 mln ha;
- soybean: 1.26 mln ha, 87% of 1.45 mln ha.
Producers finalized planting of spring wheat (184.53 thou. ha), spring barley (1.52 mln ha), oats (186.35 thou. ha), peas (282.71 thou. ha) and sugar beet (209.01 thou. ha).
The project was created in partnership with BASF.