Early grains sowing Ukraine completed
As of May 2nd, 2019, early spring grain and leguminous crops sowing is completed on an area of 2.1 million hectares.
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine reports the following indicators of spring planting campaign in Ukraine:
- millet — 0.07 million hectares (11 pct);
- corn — 2.1 million hectares (45 pct);
- soybean — 0.35 million hectares (19 pct);
- sunflower — 3 million hectares (53 pct);
- sugar beet — 0.21 million hectares (87 pct);
- buckwheat — 0.004 million hectares.
The forecast area of crops in 2019 is 27.7 million hectares, remaining at the previous year's level.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.