Potato import to Ukraine 5x higher vs export
Import of potato to Ukraine in January-May exceeded export by 5.2x or 15.04 thou. tons. By the data of the State Fiscal Sevice of Ukraine, in the indicated period the country imported 18.7 thou. tons of potato worth USD 6.29 million.
The major suppliers of potato to Ukraine are as follows:
- Belarus — 5.4 thou. tons (USD 1,94 million);
- the Netherlands — 4.8 thou. tons (USD 1,63 million);
- Germany — 2.6 thou. tons (USD 0.87 million);
- others — 5.5 thou. tons (USD 1,86 million).
Potato exports from Ukraine in January-May of the current year amounted to 3.6 thou. tons worth USD 1,02 million.
The following countries exported potato to Ukraine in the indicated period:
- Moldova — 1.9 thou. tons (USD 0.54 million);
- Turkey — 1.4 thou. tons (USD 0.38 million);
- Azerbaijan — 0.3 thou. tons (USD 0.07 million);
- others — 0.09 thou. tons (USD 0.03 million).
Experts project a record volume of potato to be imported to Ukraine in the current season.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.