Beef exports from Ukraine worth USD 42 million
In January-May 2019, Ukraine exported beef (fresh, chilled or frozen) for the amount of USD 42 million.
The State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (SFSU) reports that 6.27 thou. tons of fresh or chilled cattle meat were exported from Ukraine for the amount of USD 19.3 million.
The key importers of Ukrainian beef in the reporting period are as follows:
- Belarus — 3.43 thou. tons worth USD 10,6 million;
- Turkey — 2.8 thou. tons, USD 8,6 million;
- Moldova — 9 tons, USD 29 thou.;
- others — 16 tons, USD 50 thou.
Export of frozen beef from Ukraine in January-May 2019 amounted to 7.48 thou. tons worth USD 22,7 million.
The following countries are major importers beef in the indicated period:
- Kazakhstan — 2.67 thou. tons worth USD 8,1 million;
- Azerbaijan — 1.91 thou. tons, USD 5,8 million;
- Belarus — 1.24 thou. tons, USD 3,8 million;
- others — 1.65 thou. tons, USD 5 million.
As previously reported, Ukraine and Saudi Arabia agreed on the form of the international veterinary certificates for supplies of Ukrainian beef.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.