Four regions in Ukraine started harvesting 2019
As of June 18, agriproducers of Mykolaiv, Odesa, Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions began harvesting early crops on an area of 45.5 thousand hectares, the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine informs.
By the report, 128.7 thousand tons of new grain were harvested with a yield of 2.83 tons per hectare. The first results of harvesting are as follows:
- 7 thousand tons of winter wheat was threshed on the area of 2 thousand hectares with a yield of 3.03 t/ha;
- 117 thousand tons of winter barley on the area of 40 thousand hectares with the yield of 2.92 t/ha;
- 4 thousand tons of peas on 3 thousand hectares with a yield of 1.49 t/ha.
By the data of the regions, spring grains and legumes (including corn) were sown on the area of 7.2 million hectares in all categories of farms for the crop 2019 including:
- early spring grains were sown on the area of 2,2 million hectares;
- corn for grain — 4,8 million hectares;
- buckwheat — 56 thousand hectares;
- millet — 65 thousand hectares.
Sugar beet sowing was carried out on the area of 222 thousand hectares. Sunflower was planted on the area of 5,8 million hectares. Soybean sowing was carried out on the area of 1,6 million hectares.
As previously reported, agricultural producers of Zaporizhzhya region have completed sowing of spring crops and at the end of June are preparing to start harvesting early grain, legumes and industrial crops.