Harvest Online 2019: corn producers report half million tons of new crop
As of September 11th, 523 thou. t of corn were harvested in Ukraine on an area of 89 thou. ha or 2% of the forecast using the average yield of 5.89 t/ha.
By the reporting date, harvesting of grain and leguminous crops in Ukraine has been carried out on the area of 10.2 mln ha or 67% of the total. The crop reached 40 mln t using the average yield of 3.93 t/ha.
By the Harvest Online 2019 project, the new crop volumes are as followed:
- early grain and leguminous crops — 39.2 mln t on 9.96 mln ha or 99.9%;
- buckwheat — 37 thou. t on 28 thou. ha or 41%;
- millet — 116 thou. t on 62 thou. ha or 69%;
- soybean — 651 thou. t on 286 thou. ha or 18% yielding 2.28 t/ha;
- sunflower — 3.6 mln t on 1.7 mln ha or 29% yielding 2.1 t/ha.
The project is developed in partnership with Soufflet Agro Ukraine. Follow the updates with the Harvest Online 2019 project.