Sowing Online 2019/20: sunflower campaign covered 2 mln ha
Sunflower sowing campaign as of Apr. 16 progressed to 2 mln ha of 32% of the planned 6.2 mln ha.
Early spring grain, leguminous and industrial crops in Ukraine are sown on an area of 4.8 mln ha or 32% of the projected areas. Provided by the data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 Project, sown areas by spring crops are as follows:
- wheat: 115.5 thou. ha, 87% of the planned 132.5 thou. ha;
- barley: 872.7 thou. ha, 79% of 1.1 mln ha;
- oats: 92.5 thou. ha, 97% of 95.6 thou. ha;
- peas: 375.6 thou. ha, 95% of 396.5 thou. ha;
- corn: 1 mln ha, 19% of 5.4 mln ha;
- sugar beet: 188.8 thou. ha, 90% of 209 thou. ha;
- sunflower: 2 mln ha, 32% of 6.2 mln ha;
- soybean: 116.5 thou. ha, 8.3% of 1.4 mln ha.
Vinnytsya (+375.75 thou. ha over the past week), Poltava (+272.4 thou. ha) and Sumy (+263.2 thou. ha) regions have progressed most in spring sowing campaign so far.
The project was created in partnership with BASF.