Grains and legumes harvested on 1.2 mln ha, 3.6 mln t of new crop collected in Ukraine
As of July 14, grain and leguminous crops were harvested on 1.2 mln ha in Ukraine, which makes up 10% of the projected areas, the Agrarian Ministry reports. 15 regions in Ukraine have started winter rapeseed threshing.
Agriproducers collected 3.6 mln t of new crop grain using the average yield of 2.93 t/ha.
Crops harvested as of the reporting date:
- wheat: 1.7 mln t on 588.3 thou. ha, avg. yield of 2.88 t/ha
- barley: 1.8 mln t on 589.6 thou. ha, avg. yield of 3.09 t/ha
- rapeseed: 259.2 thou. t on 133.7 thou. ha, avg. yield of 1.94 t/ha
- peas: 77.3 thou. t on 42.1 thou. ha, avg. yield of 1.84 t/ha
Regions having progressed the most in winter crops harvesting:
- Odesa: 39% of areas cropped (404 thou. ha), 982.8 thou. t of new crop
- Dnipropetrovsk: 24% (252 thou. ha), 709.5 thou. t
- Mykolaiv: 37% (247 thou, ha), 679.2 thou. t
Wheat production in Ukraine in 2022/23 is projected by the USDA in its July report at 19.5 mln t.