Corn trade 2018: top exporters from Ukraine
In the year 2018, Kernel-Trade (Kernel) exported 2.79 million tons of corn from Ukraine, 13.6% of the total supply.
Last year, companies delivered to foreign markets more than 21 million tons of Ukrainian corn. At the start of 2019, this indicator reached 21.4 million tons. Of the total supply, ten largest exporters provided for 75% of shipments.
The major corn exporters from Ukraine in 2018 are as follows:
- Kernel-Trade (Kernel) — 2.79 million tons (13.6% of the total supply);
- COFCO Agri Ukraine — 2.30 million tons (11.03%);
- ADM Trading Ukraine — 2.09 million tons (9.99%);
- NIBULON — 1.67 million tons (7.98%);
- Bunge — 1.53 million tons (7.34%).
Over the past 10 years, exporters of Ukrainian corn have increased shipment volumes almost eight times (according to the State Statistics Service, in 2017 exports of corn from Ukraine amounted to 19.4 million tons, and in 2008 — only 2.8 million tons).
Earlier it was reported that India had signed a contract for the import of about 100 thou. tons of corn from Ukraine.
The new infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.