Soybean trade 2018: top exporters from Ukraine
The Suntrade company, Bunge subsidiary, exported the highest volume of soybean to the foreign markets in 2018 — 238 thou. tons, accounting for a 13.7 per cent share of all supplies from Ukraine.
The top-5 exporters of soybean include the following companies:
- Suntrade (Bunge) — 238 thou. tons (a 13.7 per cent market share);
- ADM Trading Ukraine — 220 thou. tons (12.7 per cent);
- Agroprosperis — 197 thou. tons (11.3 per cent);
- the Agro-industrial company Sodrugestvo Ukraine — 100.7 thou. tons (5.8 per cent);
- Glencore Agriculture Ukraine — 97.1 thou. tons (5.6 per cent).
In terms of world soybean production, Ukraine holds the 8th position and the 6th among exporters.
According to forecasts, in the current year Ukraine's bulk crop production will decrease 5.3 per cent from the previous year.
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.