Sowing Online 2019/20: corn areas 44% sown
As of April 23, corn sowing in Ukraine was carried out on the area of 2.4 mln ha or 44% of the planned areas.
Early spring grain, leguminous and industrial crops in Ukraine are sown on an area of 7.8 mln ha or 52% of the projected areas. Provided by the data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 Project, sown areas by spring crops are as follows:
- wheat: 119 thou. ha, 90% of the planned 132.5 thou. ha;
- barley: 1.073 mln ha, 98% of 1.1 mln ha;
- oats: 93.5 thou. ha, 98% of 95.6 thou. ha;
- peas: 385.4 thou. ha, 97% of 396.5 thou. ha;
- corn: 2.4 mln ha, 44% of 5.4 mln ha;
- sugar beet: 199.8 thou. ha, 96% of 209 thou. ha;
- sunflower: 3.2 mln ha, 52% of 6.2 mln ha;
- soybean: 237 thou. ha, 17% of 1.4 mln ha.
Mykolaiv (+314 thou. ha over the past week), Poltava (+274 thou. ha), Kirovohrad (+257 thou. ha), Odesa (+247 thou. ha) and Zaporizhzhya (+218 thou. ha) regions have progressed most in spring sowing campaign so far.
The project was created in partnership with BASF.