Sowing Online 2020/21: 11 regions in Ukraine completed early grains planting
As of April 29, spring grain and leguminous crops were planted on 2.92 mln ha in Ukraine, which makes up 39% of the planned 7.52 mln ha, the data of the Sowing Online project show.
Agriproducers in eleven regions have completed spring grain leguminous crops planting: Volyn, Zakarpattya, Kyiv, Poltava, Rivne, Khmelnytsky, Kherson, Odesa, Donetsk, Cherkasy and Mykolaiv.
Planted areas in Ukraine as of the reporting date:
- wheat: 168.18 thou. ha or 95% of the planned 176.6 thou. ha
- barley: 1.28 mln ha, 92% of 1.39 mln ha
- oats: 182.76 thou. ha, 94% of 194.05 thou. ha
- peas: 220.03 thou. ha, 93% of 235.4 thou. ha
- sugar beet: 192.68 thou. ha, 85% of 226.9 thou. ha
- corn: 1.07 mln ha, 20% of 5.33 mln ha
- sunflower: 2.15 mln ha, 34% of 6.4 mln ha
- soybean: 84.85 thou. ha, 6% of 1.4 mln ha
- buckwheat: 0.92 thou. ha, 1% of 79.6 thou. ha
- millet: 1.69 thou. ha, 1% of 116.8 thou. ha
In 2021, Kernel will plant sunflower and corn on 415,000 ha.
Continental Farmers Group (CFG) increased its potato areas by 11.8%.
Grains bulk yield in Ukraine in 2021 is forecasted 8.8% higher YoY by the National Scientific Center Institute of Agrarian Economics.