Sowing Online 2020/21: corn and sunflower campaigns close to completion
As of May 27, spring grain and leguminous crops were planted on 7.2 mln ha in Ukraine, which makes up 96% of the planned 7.52 mln ha, the data of the Sowing Online project show.
Early grains and legumes sowing has been fully completed in 12 regions. Fifteen regions have finished sunflower planting.
Planted areas in Ukraine as of the reporting date:
- wheat: 175.4 thou. ha or 99% of the planned 176.6 thou. ha
- barley: 1.34 mln ha, 96% of 1.39 mln ha
- oats: 187.19 thou. ha, 96% of 194.05 thou. ha
- peas: 232.08 thou. ha, 98% of 235.4 thou. ha
- sugar beet: 227.14 thou. ha, 100% of 226.9 thou. ha
- corn: 5.14 mln ha, 96% of 5.33 mln ha
- sunflower: 6.12 mln ha, 96% of 6.4 mln ha
- soybean: 1.22 mln ha, 87% of 1.4 mln ha
- buckwheat: 51.3 thou. ha, 64% of 79.6 thou. ha
- millet: 84.03 thou. ha, 72% of 116.8 thou. ha
Grains bulk yield in Ukraine in 2021 is forecasted 8.8% higher YoY by the National Scientific Center Institute of Agrarian Economics.
USDA in its May report put the forecast for wheat production in Ukraine in 2021/22 at 29 mln t, 14% higher YoY, and corn at 37.5 mln t, 24% above the 2020/21 estimate.