Refineries in Ukraine processed over million tons of sugar beet so far 2021/22
As of 27 September, beet sugar production in Ukraine reached 136.3 thou. t. Sugar beet processing by the refineries on the reporting date stood at 1,096.8 mln t, the National Association of Sugar Producers of Ukraine (Ukrsugar) reports.
Plants operating in the 2021/22(September 2021-August 2022) sugar production season (by launch date):
- 21 August – Panda (Selyshchansky Sugar Plant), Cherkasy region
- 1 September – Gaisyn Sugar Plant of FC Zorya Podillya, Vinnytsya region
- 3 September – Chervonsky Sugar Mill, Zhytomyr region
- 5 September – Radekhiv Sugar (Khorostkiv Sugar Plant), Ternopil region
- 7 September – Salyvonkivskyi Sugar Plant, Kyiv region
- 10 September – Radekhiv Sugar (Khorostkiv Sugar Plant), Ternopil region
- 13 September – Kryzhopil Sugar Refinery of FC Podillya, Vinnytsya region
- 13 September – Zhdanivka Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Vinnytsya region
- 13 September – Starokostyantynivsugar, Khmelnytsky region
- 15 September – Tomashpil Sugar Plant of FC Zorya Podillya, Vinnytsya region
- 15 September – Cygnet Centr of Cygnet Agrocompany, Zhytomyr region
- 16 September – Lannivsky Sugar Plant, Poltava region
- 19 September – Yuzefo-Mykolaiv Agricultural and Industrial Company, Vinnytsya region
- 21 September – Novomyrhorod Sugar (Kapitanivka Sugar Plant) of I&U Group, Kirovohrad region
- 23 September – Horodyshche-Pustovarivskyi Sugar Plant of Gals Agro, Kyiv region
- 23 September – Shamraivsky Sugar Plant, Kyiv region
- 24 September – Tsukragromprom, Yaresky Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region
- 26 September – Radekhiv Sugar (Chortkiv Sugar Producing Plant), Ternopil region
- 26 September – Narkevitskiy Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Khmelnytsky region
READ MORE: Ukrainian Sugar Market Overview 2020/21
The sugar beet area in Ukraine in the 2021 crop year is 227.14 thou. ha, in 2020 it was 209.01 thou. ha.
As of 23 September, sugar beet harvesting in Ukraine was 11% completed, the crop yielded 48.53 t/ha on average.
In the current production season, beet sugar output is projected by the Economy Ministry to reach 1.4 mln t, 30% above the previous season's outturn.