Harvest Online 2021: Ukraine sunflowerseeds 95% cropped
As of 4 November, agriproducers in Ukraine harvested 67.8 mln t of new crop grain on 13.8 mln ha, 87% of the projected area. The average yield as of the reporting date stood at 4.9 t/ha.
Crop progress in Ukraine as of the reporting date:
- wheat (winter and spring): 32.28 mln t on 7 mln ha (100% of the total area), using the average yield of 4.62 t/ha
- barley (winter and spring): 9.6 mln t on 2.45 mln ha (100%), 3.91 t/ha
- rapeseed: 2.9 mln t on 1.01 mln ha (100%), 2.86 t/ha
- sunflower: 14.72 mln t on 6.2 mln ha (95%), 2.37 t/ha
- peas: 576.2 thou. t on 236.3 thou. ha (100%), 2.44 t/ha
- sugar beet: 8.82 mln t on 187.87 thou. ha (83%), 46.9 t/ha
- corn: 22.8 mln t on 3.34 mln ha (61%), 6.82 t/ha
- soybean: 3.22 mln t on 1.22 mln ha (95%), 2.63 t/ha
- millet: 182.83 thou. t on 77.58 thou. ha (100%), 2.35 t/ha
- buckwheat: 109.94 thou. t on 83.28 thou. ha (99%), 1.32 t/ha
The highest average yield of grains was reported by the producers of Chernihiv region — 7.04 t/ha.
Regions having harvested the biggest crop as of 4 November:
- Odesa: 4.88 mln t
- Kharkiv: 4.74 mln t
- Dnipropetrovsk: 4.57 mln t
Sunflower average yield in Khmelnytsky region reached 3.42 t/ha, the best indicator in Ukraine so far. Nine regions of Ukraine have completed sunflower campaign.
Winter crops sowing in Ukraine as of 1 November was 90% completed.
The USDA in its October report again left unchanged the projection of wheat production for Ukraine and Russia. Ukraine's corn projection for 2021/22 was revised downward. This month’s 2021/22 Ukraine sunflower outlook is for shorter production, export, and ending stocks.
Early Grains New Crop Quality: Wheat, Barley, Rapeseed of 2021
TOP 10 Wheat Producing Countries in 2020/21