Export of grain from Ukrainian seaports declined 13% in May
In May 2018, 2.7 mln tons of main grain crops were exported from the seaports of Ukraine, which is 87% of the corresponding indicator in April 2018 (regarding the updated figures — 3.1 mln tons), APK-Inform reports.
Amidst the general decrease in the volumes of export grain transshipment, the crops were exported in the following amounts:
- barley — 40 thou. tons (36% more than in April 2018);
- wheat — 945 thou. tons (4% less);
- corn — 1.7 mln tons (18% less).
The leaders of transshipment volumes in May are as follows:
- NIBULON — 202 thou. tons of wheat;
- Illiechevsk Grain Terminal — 20 thou. tons of barley;
- Transbulkterminal — 304 thou. tons of corn.
The key importer of wheat and barley in May is Egypt with 140 thou. tons and 20 thou. tons, respectively. The largest volume of corn in May was imported by Iran (251 thou. tons).
Reference: in April Ukrainian sea ports reduced export deliveries by 10%.