Turkey booked 320 thou. t of Black Sea milling wheat
The Turkish Grain Board (Toprak Mahsülleri Ofisi Genel Müdürlüğü, TMO) purchased 320 thou. t of milling wheat at an international tender held yesterday, December 21, Refinitiv Agriculture writes. Traders say that the larger share will be formed by Ukrainian wheat, part of it will be sourced from Russia.
It is noted that the volumes of wheat procured in the TMO tenders are preliminary and subject to final confirmation in the coming days. Purchases may be reduced or cancelled.
Shipments of food wheat of 12.5% and 13.5% protein content are planned in lots to several Turkish ports between 1 and 28 February 2022.
Traders claim that this tender continues Turkey's period of active grain imports to reduce local prices and supply the domestic market amid a severe reduction in the country's grain harvest caused by drought.
In the previous wheat tender on 25 November, Turkey bought around 385,000 t of grain. The lowest price at the time was 376 USD/t C&F.
Traders reported the following provisional purchases, ports of unloading/delivery, quantity in tonnes, protein content, seller and dollar price per ton C&F:
- Mersin: Olam, 50 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 359.4
- İskenderun: Viterra, 50 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 360.9
- İzmir: Sierentz, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 361.9
- İzmir: Yayla, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 361.9
- Derince: Yayla, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 358.9
- Derince: GTСS, 25 thou. t, 13.5%, USD 362
- Bandırma: Orsett, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 357.8
- Tekirdağ: Yayla, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 357.9
- Tekirdağ: Rolweg, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 357.9
- Samsun: Rolweg, 25 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 356.9
- Trabzon: Kibar, 20 thou. t, 12.5%, USD 354.9
Wheat export from Ukraine since the start of 2021/22 has made up 15.4 mln t, 26% up YoY. In the current season, the wheat supply from Ukraine is limited to 25.3 mln t.
Learn more: TOP 14 Wheat Exporters From Ukraine in 10M 2021
Wheat export from Ukraine in 2021/22 is projected by the USDA in its December report at 24.2 mln t, 0.2 mln t above the previous report.