Sugar production in Ukraine progressed to 14 thou. t
As of September 17, beet sugar production in Ukraine totalled 14.3 thou. t. Sugar beet processing by the mills has reached 134.5 thou. t, the National Association of Sugar Producers of Ukraine (Ukrsugar) reports.
Plants operating in the 2020/21 sugar production season (by launch date):
- Sep. 5 – Radekhiv Sugar (Radekhiv Sugar Plant), Lviv region;
- Sep. 10 – Tsukragromprom, Yaresky Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region;
- Sep. 12 – Chervonsky Sugar Mill, Zhytomyr region;
- Sep. 15 – Starokostyantynivsugar, Khmelnytsky region;
- Sep. 16 – Radekhiv Sugar (Khorostkiv Sugar Plant), Ternopil region.
On September 8, Marianivskyi Sugar Plant, a subsidiary of Agro-Express-Service, started sugar production.
Under the data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 project, sugar beet area in Ukraine in 2020 totals 209.01 thou. ha.