Beet sugar output by ten plants reached 44 thou. t
As of September 25, beet sugar production in Ukraine totalled 44.1 thou. t. Sugar beet processing by the refineries has reached 360.5 thou. t, the National Association of Sugar Producers of Ukraine (Ukrsugar) reports.
Plants operating in the 2020/21 sugar production season (by launch date):
- Sep. 5 – Radekhiv Sugar (Radekhiv Sugar Plant), Lviv region;
- Sep. 10 – Tsukragromprom, Yaresky Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region;
- Sep. 12 – Chervonsky Sugar Mill, Zhytomyr region;
- Sep. 15 – Starokostyantynivsugar, Khmelnytsky region;
- Sep. 16 – Radekhiv Sugar (Khorostkiv Sugar Plant), Ternopil region;
- Sep. 19 – Zhdanivka Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Vinnytsya region;
- Sep. 19 – Horodyshche-Pustovarivskyi Sugar Plant of Gals Agro, Kyiv region;
- Sep. 20 – Yuzefo-Mykolaiv Agricultural and Industrial Company, Vinnytsya region;
- Sep. 20 – Salyvonkivskyi Sugar Plant, Kyiv region;
- Sep. 23 – Lynovytsky Krasny Integrated Sugar refinery.
On September 8, Marianivskyi Sugar Plant, a subsidiary of Agro-Express-Service, started sugar production.
Under the data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 project, sugar beet area in Ukraine in 2020 totals 209.01 thou. ha.
Sugar production in 2020/21 is projected by Ukrsugar experts at 1.2-1.3 mln t, 15% less YoY.