Jan-Aug sunflower oil export from Ukraine collapsed by 34% YoY: Customs Service
Ukraine exported 3.09 mln t of sunflower oil in January-August 2021, 34% down YoY (Jan-Aug 2020: 4.68 mln t), the data of the State Customs Service of Ukraine.
The dollar value worth of sunoil exported is USD 3.78 bln, 10% above the previous year's comparative period (Jan-August 2020: USD 3.43 bln).
The largest importing countries of Ukraine sunflower oil in the reporting period:
- India: USD 1.039,4 mln, 864.35 thou. t
- China: USD 580.8 mln, 506.03 thou. t
- Netherlands: USD 395.9 mln, 324.04 thou. t
- Spain: USD 283.79 mln, 233.04 thou. t
- Iraq: USD 272.7 mln, 231.13 thou. t
Europe accounts for 68.8% of total Ukraine's sunflower oil and products export in 2020.
The Health Ministry of Ukraine adopted the maximum permissible levels for chlorpyrifos and chlorpyrifos-methyl in agricultural products and foodstuffs, including sunflower and sunflower oil.