Harvest Online 2021: sunflower 90% harvested in Ukraine
As of 28 October, agriproducers in Ukraine harvested 60.68 mln t of new crop grain on 12.9 mln ha, 81% of the projected area. The average yield as of the reporting date stood at 4.72 t/ha.
Crop progress in Ukraine as of the reporting date:
- wheat (winter and spring): 32.3 mln t on 7 mln ha (100% of the total area), using the average yield of 4.62 t/ha
- barley (winter and spring): 9.6 mln t on 2.46 mln ha (100%), 3.91 t/ha
- rapeseed: 2.9 mln t on 1.01 mln ha (100%), 2.86 t/ha
- sunflower: 13.6 mln t on 5.9 mln ha (90%), 2.31 t/ha
- peas: 576.2 thou. t on 236.3 thou. ha (100%), 2.45 t/ha
- sugar beet: 7.76 mln t on 164.63 thou. ha (73%), 47.11 t/ha
- corn: 15.6 mln t on 2.4 mln ha (44%), 6.44 t/ha
- soybean: 3.05 mln t on 1.2 mln ha (90%), 2.65 t/ha
- millet: 178.8 thou. t on 76.3 thou. ha (98%), 2.34 t/ha
- buckwheat: 107.6 thou. t on 78.5 thou. ha (98%), 1.32 t/ha
The highest average yield of grains was reported by the producers of Khmelnytsky region — 6.22 t/ha.
Regions having harvested the biggest crop as of 28 October:
- Kharkiv: 4.6 mln t
- Odesa: 4.6 mln t
- Dnipropetrovsk: 4.53 mln t
Sunflower average yield in Khmelnytsky region reached 3.44 t/ha, the best indicator in Ukraine so far. Five regions of Ukraine have completed sunflower campaign.
Winter crops sowing in Ukraine as of 25 October was 83% completed.
The USDA in its October report again left unchanged the projection of wheat production for Ukraine and Russia. Ukraine's corn projection for 2021/22 was revised downward. This month’s 2021/22 Ukraine sunflower outlook is for shorter production, export, and ending stocks.
Early Grains New Crop Quality: Wheat, Barley, Rapeseed of 2021
TOP 10 Wheat Producing Countries in 2020/21