Grain export 2018/19: deliveries higher 10 million tons
Since the start of 2018/19, grain exports from Ukraine as of June 14th reached 48,34 million tons. The Agrarian Ministry reports that this volume is 26.37 per cent (10 million tons) more than the indicator for the last year's comparative period (38,25 million tons).
The volumes of exported crops are as follows:
- wheat — 15,42 million tons (–1,2 million tons y-o-y);
- corn — 28,65 million tons (+11,46 million tons y-o-y);
- barley — 3,54 million tons (–0,69 million tons y-o-y);
- rye — 88.2 thou. tons (+51.4 thousand tons y-o-y).
NOTE: an order was issued to amend the date of entry into force of the new standard for wheat DSTU 3768:2019 “Wheat. Technical conditions”, replacing the effective DSTU 3768:2010.
In the current production season, sowing of grain crops in Ukraine is carried out on the area of 14,8 million hectares, making up 54 per cent in the structure of sown areas. Sowing of spring crops will cover 7,2 million hectares, industrial crops — 9,2 million hectares, potatoes and vegetables — 1,8 million hectares, and fodder crops — 1,9 million hectares.
USDA experts project the growth of rapeseed exports from Ukraine in the season 2019/20 (September-August) to 3.5 mmt, 1 mmt more from 2018/19.
- TOP 10 Grain Exporters in 2018
- TOP 10 Wheat Exporters from Ukraine in 2018
- TOP 10 Rapeseed Exporters from Ukraine in 2018
The infographic guide Agribusiness of Ukraine 2017/18 is available by the link.