Major grain shippers from Ukraine rated by Stark Shipping
Kernel is Ukraine's top grain shipper in the 2019/20 season with a market share of 13.29%. Within the past season, the company intensified shipment by 1.9 mln t, a Stark Shipping report data show.
"Commissioning of Transgrain terminal in the port of Chernomorsk (berths #14 and #15) contributed to the increase of shipment volume. The company also exported through TIS and Nika-Tera terminals," the report reads.
The principal amounts of grain were shipped by Kernel to:
- China: 1.64 mln t
- Netherlands: 1.3 mln t
- Indonesia: 0.75 mln t
- Egypt: 0.63 mln t
The TOP 5 grain exporters from Ukraine in 2019/20:
- Kernel: 7.98 mln t (1.9 mln t higher YoY), 13.29% of the total supply
- COFCO Agri Ukraine: 5.03 mln t (+410 thou. t), 8.37%
- NIBULON: 4.98 mln t (–139 thou. t), 8.28%
- Cargill: 4.39 mln t (+805 thou. t), 7.31%
- Louis Dreyfus Company Ukraine: 4.13 mln t (+978 thou. t), 6.87%
Since the start of 2020/21, staple grains export shipment from Ukraine has reached 1.14 mln t. As of July 24, agricultural commodities shipment reduced by 1.32 mln t from the prior year's comparative period.