Beef export from Ukraine in Jan-Aug dropped 37% YoY
In January-August 2020, Ukraine supplied 15.05 thou. t of beef to foreign markets was worth USD 51.73 mln. The volume of meat shipped is 37.5% lower YoY (8M 2019: 24.1 thou. t).
The State Customs Service of Ukraine reports that shipment of frozen beef in the reporting period totalled 13.5 thou. t for the amount of USD 47.21 mln. Key importers of frozen beef:
- China: 3.43 thou. t, USD 12 mln (25.44%)
- Azerbaijan: 3.04 thou. t, USD 10.64 mln (22.53%)
- Kazakhstan: 2.3 thou. t, USD 8.08 mln (17.10%)
- other countries: 4.71 thou. t, USD 16.49 mln (34.92%)
Fresh/chilled beef shipment totalled 1.55 thou. t for the amount of USD 4.5 mln. Main markets in the period include:
- Belarus: 1.46 thou. t, USD 4.25 mln (84.34%)
- Azerbaijan: 50 t, USD 145 thou. (3.22%)
- Turkey: 29 t, USD 85 thou. (1.89%)
- other countries: 9 t, USD 25 thou. (0.56%)
Previously reported that the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection urged the EU authorities to lift the restrictions in poultry export imposed on Ukraine.