New harvest campaign reached 44.1 mln t of grains and legumes, a quarter of areas left to thresh
As of October 13, agriproducers in Ukraine harvested 58.2mln t of main crops on 18.8 mln ha, of which grains and legumes total 44.1 mln t harvested on 11.7 mln ha, making up 76% of the planned areas.
As provided by the data of the Economy Ministry of Ukraine, new crop progress is as followed:
- millet: 221 thou. t on 134.4 thou. ha (89%)
- sunflower: 9.8 mln t on 5.1 mln ha (80%)
- buckwheat: 90.2 thou. t on 70.4 thou. ha (90%)
- soybean: 1.7 mln t on 852.4 thou. ha (64%)
- corn: 8.4 mln t on 1.8 mln ha (33%)
Sugar beet campaign on the reporting date progressed to 1.52 mln t on 35.4 thou. ha (16%).
Vinnytsya (690 thou. t), Poltava (650.9 thou. t) and Chernihiv (642.8) regions harvested the largest volumes of the new crop during the past week.
As a reminder, the forecast for the gross yield of grains and oilseeds in 2020/21 was cut by 9%.