Nika-Tera investment in modernization ran UAH 60 mln in 2020
In 2020, the Sea Specialized Port Nika-Tera, a member of Group DF, invested UAH 60 mln in modernization, 29% more from 2019.
As reported by the company, funds were spent on increasing the port's capacity and customer service efficiency.
Last year's key investment projects:
- modernization of Cargo Area No. 2, which specializes in handling bulk cargo;
- expansion of the port's rail fleet and throughput capacity.
"To attract new customers and keep the existing ones, we have to react quickly and respond instantly to market challenges. Our port needs a further upgrade. This includes investments in new business philosophy, in new approaches to working with customers," stressed the Harbormaster of SSP Nika-Tera Alim Agakishiev.
During the year, the port received 409 ships, transshipped 7.3 mln t of cargo.
The structure of cargo handling:
- grains, oilseeds, pulses and products of their processing: 5.55 mln t, 75% of the total
- bulk cargo: 1.27 mln t, 18%
- liquid cargo: 323 thou. t, 4%
- mineral fertilizers: 215 thou. t, 3%
Nika-Tera is the largest sea export terminal in Ukraine in terms of storage capacity in 2020.