Beet sugar production at 1.02 mln t
As of January 11, beet sugar production in Ukraine reached 1,021.1 mln t, the National Association of Sugar Producers of Ukraine (Ukrsugar) reports.
Sugar beet processing by the refineries on the reporting date stood at 7.7 mln t or 84% of the total harvested volume.
Plants operating in the 2020/21 sugar production season (by launch date):
- Sep. 5 – Radekhiv Sugar (Radekhiv Sugar Plant), Lviv region;
- Sep. 10 – Tsukragromprom, Yaresky Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region;
- Sep. 12 – Chervonsky Sugar Mill, Zhytomyr region;
- Sep. 15 – Starokostyantynivsugar, Khmelnytsky region;
- Sep. 16 – Radekhiv Sugar (Khorostkiv Sugar Plant), Ternopil region;
- Sep. 19 – Zhdanivka Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Vinnytsya region;
- Sep. 19 – Horodyshche-Pustovarivskyi Sugar Plant of Gals Agro, Kyiv region;
- Sep. 20 – Yuzefo-Mykolaiv Agricultural and Industrial Company, Vinnytsya region;
- Sep. 20 – Salyvonkivskyi Sugar Plant, Kyiv region;
- Sep. 23 – Lynovytsky Krasny Integrated Sugar refinery, Chernihiv region;
- Sep. 23 – Shepetivskyi Sugar Mill of A'SPIK GROUP, Khmelnytsky region;
- Sep. 25 – Gnidava Sugar Plant, Volyn region;
- Sep. 26 – Radekhiv Sugar (Chortkiv Sugar Producing Plant), Ternopil region;
- Sep. 26 – Shamraivsky Sugar Plant, Kyiv region;
- Sep. 27 – Teofipol Sugar Plant of Ukraine-2001, Khmelnytsky region;
- Oct. 3 – Panda (Selyshchansky Sugar Plant), Cherkasy region;
- Oct. 6 – Lannivsky Sugar Plant, Poltava region;
- Oct. 10 – Novoorzhytskiy Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region;
- Oct. 10 – Pervukhinsky Sugar Refinery, Kharkiv region;
- Oct. 10 – Illinetsky Tsykrovy Zavod, Vinnytsya region;
- Oct. 10 – Oleksandriiskyi Sugar Plant of AgroVista, Kirovohrad region;
- Oct. 11 – Gaisyn Sugar Plant of FC Zorya Podillya, Vinnytsya region;
- Oct. 11 – Cygnet Centr of Cygnet Agrocompany, Zhytomyr region;
- Oct. 13 – Tomashpil Sugar Plant of FC Zorya Podillya, Vinnytsya region;
- Oct. 13 – Narkevitskiy Sugar Plant of Astarta-Kyiv, Khmelnytsky region;
- Oct. 14 – Zhurivka Sugar Refining Mill Kraevyd, Kyiv region;
- Oct. 15 – Kryzhopil Sugar Refinery of FC Podillya, Vinnytsya region;
- Oct. 15 – Novomyrhorod Sugar (Kapitanivka Sugar Plant) of I&U Group, Kirovohrad region;
- Oct. 16 – Tsukoragroprom (Globyno Sugar Plant) of Astarta-Kyiv, Poltava region;
- Oct. 28 – Pryzma-14 (Kashperivka Sugar Refinery), Kyiv region.
On September 8, Marianivskyi Sugar Plant, a subsidiary of Agro-Express-Service, started sugar production.
Under the data of the Sowing Online 2019/20 project, sugar beet area in Ukraine in 2020 totals 209.01 thou. ha. Sugar beet harvest was finalized at 9.12 mln t using the average yield of 42.27 t/ha.
Sugar production in 2020/21 is projected by Ukrsugar experts at 1.2-1.3 mln t, 15% less YoY. However, this volume satisfies domestic demand. Sugar carryovers at the beginning of 2020/21 were estimated at 60-70 thou. t at processing enterprises and 40-50 thou. t at wholesale and retail trade facilities.
33 sugar plants were expected to start the production season 2020/21, which is 2 more than last year. However, 30 plants started the season as of December 23.