Corn export from Ukraine in 1H 2020: key shippers
The main export destinations for Ukrainian corn changed in the first half of 2020: the bulk of grain was shipped not to European countries, but to Asia (over 7 mln t). The second place was taken by the EU member states (6 mln t) followed by Africa with about 2 mln t of imports, the Latifundist.com analysts report.
The main corn exporters from Ukraine in 1H 2020:
- Kernel-Trade (Kernel subsidiary): 3.526 mln t, 19.6% of the market
- COFCO Agri Ukraine: 1.896 mln t, 10.5%
- NIBULON: 1.062 mln t, 5.9%
- Sierentz Global Merchants: 1.049 mln t, 5.8%
- Suntrade (Bunge subsidiary): 1.043 mln t, 5.8%
- ADM Trading Ukraine: 1.033 mln t, 5.7%
- Glencore Agriculture Ukraine: 0.985 mln t, 5.5%
- Louis Dreyfus Company Ukraine: 0.97 mln t, 5.4%
- Cargill: 0.885 mln t, 4.9%
- Olam Ukraine: 0.813 mln t, 4.5%
- Agroprosperis: 0.723 mln t, 4%
- State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine (SFGCU): 0.663 mln t, 3.5%
- Soufflet Agro Ukraine: 0.432 mln t, 2.4%
- CHS Ukraine: 0.355 mln t, 2%
- Posco International: 0.31 mln t, 1.7%
The Ministry for the Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine revised downward the projected grain production by all categories of farms in 2020 from 72.1 to about 70 mln t, the ministry says in a statement.
The Economy Ministry and grain market participants signed the Annex to the Memorandum of Understanding on 17 Aug setting the limit for wheat export from Ukraine in the 2020/21 season at 17.5 mln t, rye 1 thou. t.